Equipment: Asylum Research MFP-3D Atomic Force Microscope
The Asylum MFP-3D atomic force microscope (AFM) is equipped with a variety of imaging modes which include:
The system is equipped with a fluid cell for imaging in liquids. An electrochemistry cell is also available. The electrochemistry cell enables studies of deposition, oxidation, corrosion, and mass transfer of metals and other materials. Nanoscale topographical changes can be precisely monitored in situ as induced by electro-chemical reactions. The cell provides for heating from ambient to 60°C and can be operated in a fully sealed configuration.
- 90 μm by 90 μm scan area with closed looped position control
- Z range of 15 μm; the z range can be extended to 40 μm with optional head extended
- Vertical noise of ~0.5 Å RMS
- Sample holder for samples up to 3.4"x1.5", including glass slides and coverslips.
- Open user interface based on IGOR Pro incorporates professional-quality analysis and graphing capabilities. AFM analysis includes section, histogram, roughness, particle analysis, and masking.
- Top view head which allows for high resolution optical imaging of tip and sample.
$26.00 per hour for UT Austin users
$172.00 per hour for external university users
$172.00 per hour for corporate users
Facility User Education
To become a user of this instrument please sign up for the next available NT222 facility user education class. External/Corporate users must contact CNM to setup an account before attending facility user education classes.
Dr. Raluca Gearba